The Arabic phrase ‘Islam’ implies ‘submission’ and is taken from a word meaning ‘peace’. As such, the religion of Islam educates that in order to accomplish true peace of mind and surety of heart, one must submit to Allah (God), according to His Divinely disclosed Law. With the blessings and favors that Allah has bestowed upon humanity is that He endowed them with an instinctive ability to recognize and admit His existence. He placed this awareness deep in their souls as a natural character that has not changed since human beings were first created.
He underlined this natural disposition with the signs that he placed in Creation that testify to His existence. However, since it is not possible for human beings to have a thorough knowledge of Allah except through revelation from Himself, Allah sent His Messengers to teach the people about their Creator Who they must worship. These Messengers also brought with them the details of how to worship Allah, because such details cannot be known except by way of revelation and that’s how Islam was created and established.
Allah says in the Holy Quran:
“We did not send before you (O Muhammad) any messenger but We revealed to him: ‘none has the right to be worshipped except I, hence worship Me.’” (Quran 21:25)
With the above message ‘submission to the will of God’, i.e. Islam, it has been the only acceptable religion in the sight of Allah. That is why Islam is the only ‘ real religion, ‘ and it is the same divine word given to all the prophets and messengers of Allah throughout the ages. All the prophets ‘ main message has always been that there is only One True Allah and that He alone should be worshiped. Beginning with Adam, these prophets include Noah, Isaac, Moses, David, Solomon, John the Baptist, Jesus, and our beloved prophet Muhammad Sallallaahu Alaihi Wasallam and peace be on them all. But these prophets ‘ true message was either lost or distorted over time.
The term “Muslim” means one who, irrespective of race, nationality or ethnic background, submits to the will of Allah. Someone who can adhere to Allah’s will is therefore worthy to become a Muslim.
I believe in Allah, His Angels, His (revealed) Books. His Prophets, the Day Judgment and (I believe that) good or had a destiny is from Allah and I believe that there will he resurrection after death.
“I solemnly declare my belief in Allah as He is with all His name attributes, and I have accepted do obey) all His commands by pledging with my tongue and testifying them with my heart.”
Advantages of Converting to Islam
Converting to Islam has many advantages. Some of them are:
- One forms a clear personal relationship with Allah by worshiping Him alone, without the need for intermediaries. Someone feels this personal relationship and understands that Allah knows everything and is there to comfort him/her.
- A person realizes his or her life’s true objective of loving Allah and pursuing His Commandments.
- A person is offered with a light, which guides him/her through life. The religion of Islam has answers to all circumstances or conditions or any situations, and one will always know the right steps to take in all aspects of life.
- One finds true happiness, tranquility, and inner peace.
- If you convert to Islam, you are forgiven for all your past sins, and you begin a new life of piety and righteousness. And as a Muslim, if you then make a mistake, you can always confess to Allah who forgives the sins of those who truly repent to Him. To make admissions, there are no intermediaries or formed beings.
- We are living a temporary life which is limited life after death is the permanent life, so one should understand what we want peaceful heaven or disturbing hell.
- One completes the redemption of all prophets from the Hellfire, which all prophets have warned against.
- The greatest benefit is that Allah promises an everlasting Paradise (Heaven) reward to a Muslim. Even the lowest in the rank of Paradise dwellers will have ten times this world’s appearance, and they will have anything they want. There are pleasures in Paradise that no eye has ever seen, no ear has ever heard, and no mind has ever contemplated. It’s going to be very real life, not just spiritual, but also physical.
To be a Muslim, one should also:
- Trust that the Holy Quran is Allah’s absolute revelation.
- Trust that the Day of Judgment is real and will come.
- Trust in the prophets sent by Allah, in the scriptures revealed by Allah, and in His angels.
- Consider Islam as a religion of its own.
- Nothing to worship, nobody except Allah.
You are Not Alone:
Being Muslim, if you have followed the guidance above and converted to Islam by yourself, then rest assured that you are not alone, rather the same faith is shared by 1.7 billion people. If you want to convert to Islam and select the right path of your life in this world and world after, do contact us and we will guide you on how to do that.
Here are some of the recommended books to learn Islam: